3. Adapt state of the art development in the field of computer engineering.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Immediately aftercompleting the bachelor degree in ComputerEngineering from BVM Engineering College, our student will be able to ...
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply theknowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineeringspecialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate,review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reachingsubstantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, naturalsciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system componentsor processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration forthe public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmentalconsiderations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design ofexperiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of theinformation to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, andapply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT toolsincluding prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with anunderstanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Applyreasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health,safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevantto the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal andenvironmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need forsustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles andcommit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineeringpractice.
9. Individual and team work: Functioneffectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, andin multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectivelyon complex engineering activities with the engineering community and withsociety at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reportsand design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receiveclear instructions.
11. Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and managementprinciples and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team,to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the needfor, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent andlife-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) for (BE) Computer Engineering Program
13. Develop computer engineering solutions for specific needs in different domains applying the knowledge in the areas of programming, algorithms, hardware-interface, system software, computer graphics, web design, networking, and advanced computing.
14. Analyze and test computer software designed for diverse needs.
15. Pursue higher education.