Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of (BE) Civil/ Structural Engineering Program
1. Plan, design, execute, operate and maintain civil engineering projects within specified time, cost and quality.
2. Use of innovative material practices and techniques for sustainable eco-friendly and life-lineinfrastructures
3. Manage resources and demonstrate commitment to professional work.
4. Adapt state of art development and R & D in the field of civil engineering.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
EngineeringGraduates will be able to:
1. Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineeringfundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complexcivil engineering problems.
2. Identify, formulate, reviewresearch literature, and analyze complex civil engineering problems reachingsubstantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, naturalsciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design solutions for civil engineeringproblems and design system components or processes that meet the specifiedneeds with appropriate consideration for the public health & safety, culturaland societal & environmental considerations.
4. Use research-based knowledgeand research methods including design of experiments, analysis andinterpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide validconclusions.
5. Apply appropriate techniques,resources, modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modellingto civil engineering activities with an understanding of their limitations.
6. Apply reasoning informed by thecontextual knowledge to assess societal, health & safety, legal & culturalissues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional civilengineering practice.
7. Understand the impact of theprofessional civil engineering solutions in societal and environmentalcontexts, demonstrate the knowledge of the same and need for sustainabledevelopment.
8. Apply ethical principles & committo professional ethics and responsibilities & norms of the civil engineeringpractice.
9. Function effectively as anindividual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and inmultidisciplinary settings.
10. Communicate effectively oncivil engineering activities with the engineering community and with society atlarge, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and designdocumentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clearinstructions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge andunderstanding of the civil engineering and management principles and apply thoseto one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage civilengineering projects in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Recognize the need for, havethe preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning inthe broadest context of civil engineering technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) for (BE) Civil/ Structural Engineering Program
- Design civil engineering structures using relevant codes of practice, materials, techniques and software.
- Follow human values and ethics with team spirit in every civil engineering project undertaken.
- Adapt state-of-the-artpractices and materials in the field of civil engineering